Three Changes I Would Make to St. James High School are Racism , Dress Code, and Class Choices.

Three changes I would make to St James High School are, racism, dress code, class choices.

Racism; I believe that this school is one of the most racist schools in the county. I’m not talking about staff or principals. I’m talking about the people. The students that have no respect for others. I am a 15 year old hispanic raised in the south. I have had so many people telling me to go back to my country or to stop speaking Spanish because I’m in america. Like what?? Anyways, I’m not the only one I’ve had so many people talk to me about how people don’t respect people of color. These white kids saying the n word to african americans. Squinting their eyes at asians. Or saying ignorant stuff like “ I’m not holding the door for that Mexican” or “ you look native american because of your skin color.” I think there should be more diversity brought out at St. James High School. There could be an educational class as well. “People need to learn how to show respect towards people of color.” – Adamariz Son-Chojolan

Dress code; I think that worldwide schools sexualize the clothes that females wear. You are telling me that if you can see my shoulders that distracts you? Please make that make sense. Tell me if I am wearing ripped jeans and there is one hole too high on my thighs, its dress code?? I’m sorry but in my and so many others opinions that make no sense. It’s not just towards females, it’s towards males too. In my opinion it is very biased. “I got dress codes for a hole in my jeans, and they put tape on it. I hated it” -Tamaya

Class choices; In my opinion I think that there should be a survey that every student should take yearly. If there are no classes that we would like then how are we ever gonna have a career we actually want to work for and take our time. I think that’s for high school though because obviously colleges have what you want to study. But if you wanna be prepared for what you wanna be then i think high school should have that option. I think we should have a home ec or culinary class dedicated to only that. “ I would like to have a home ec that focuses on that topic.” – Adamariz.