If I were the principal I would change some things.

Three changes I would make to St. James High School is giving more career option classes, providing a better school lunch, and having a more diverse school.

High School students overthink a lot about college and it does not help that there aren’t classes on what they want to do in life.  Having college career path classes at school can highly be towards their benefit. 

“At the high school where I am assistant principal, we’ve been deliberate about mapping courses for students that lead to careers and certifications, clustering courses around students’ interests in automobiles so they can leverage that knowledge into career readiness,” says Sean Cassel.

Some kids do not have a good home life and they are excited to eat at school, until they see the nasty food.  I personally grew up without having someone cook for them so I am used to eating nasty microwave food, but school lunch is 10x worse than that will ever be.  School lunches are also proven to be worse for you than fast food. I would have choices for people to eat if they didn’t want school lunch such as ramen noodles, mac and cheese cups, granola bars, chips, and soup for kids and it would be provided for free if they needed it. 

Part of the study involved polling students, parents and school staff about the current cafeteria options. About 77 percent of 1,300 high school students surveyed said that they did not like the food, and about half said they ate school lunch two days a week or less, says Lisbnet.

Schools need more diversity.  It teaches others to be more respectful of other people’s cultures, and they become more open minded.  St. James High School has some of the most racist people.  Many people here do not respect people’s culture and people laugh at them.  Diversity doesn’t specifically mean race, it can also mean religion, gender, and economic backgrounds. 

“Promoting diversity in schools is more than just encouraging students of different backgrounds to attend certain schools. Educators and administrative leaders can help students better understand that while everyone is different, in the most fundamental ways, everyone is the same and should be treated with respect. This will go far in helping students accept diversity and promote it in their daily lives,” says Queens University of Charlotte.